Information


16 October, 2013

Recipe #4: Vegan Gyro

Finally there comes a new recipe: Vegan Gyro. I tried it out for the first time and it was so good!

I made it with some special "vegan meat". I got it here. But it's German only.

This is what I used

What you need for 2 persons:
100g vegan meat
1 red pepper
1/2- 1 onion
garlic
herbs/spice
chili oil
If you want to need real meat it's also no problem. But you have to choose the amount of meat yourself.

Put the vegan meat into boiling water for about ten minutes. Use a big bowl since it becomes twice the size it was before. Squeeze the water out afterwards as good as possible. Put it into a big bowl.
Cut the onion, red pepper and garlic and add it to the meat. Add some oil (2-3tbsp.) to the mix and also the spice. I used a special gyro mix my mum made for me so I can't exactly say whats inside. Next to it I used some chili, more garlic, pepper and salt of course.
Stir it well and wait for 1-2 hours. Stir every 30 minutes.


It should look like this. If it's done put it in a big fry pan or cooking pot and fry it until everything is slightly brown. I also added a bit tomato paste for the color.
After ~10-15 minutes it was ready to eat.


Ready to serve!
I ate it with rice which was quite good together. But some yogurt would also be perfect. Or maybe both?
Try it the way you like. Tell me about it when you did.

Ageha ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment